Employment Opportunities at Sherman College
Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for the position of Admission Event Coordinator. The following job description lists the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes and salary requirements in confidence to Mandy Smith.
Position Title: ADMISSION EVENT COORDINATOR
Department: Enrollment Services
Reports To: Senior Director of Enrollment Services
FLSA Status: Level II (Non-Exempt)
Primary Function: The Admission Event Coordinator, under the supervision of the Senior Director of Enrollment Services (SDES), is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing all special events for the office of admissions. The coordinator is also responsible for managing individual and group tours as well as the student ambassador program. The event coordinator will serve as the liaison for Spanish-speaking students during the admission process.
- To plan and coordinate all admission special events such as career day, shadow an intern day, Showcase Sherman and others, including maintaining the mailing list and working with the director of public relations to create postcards, fliers and invitations to the events;
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise during events
- Conduct evaluations of each event and make improvements based on the evaluations
- Maintain a master calendar and planning timeline for all recruiting events
- To arrange campus tours for prospective students and visiting school groups
- To supervise, train and develop the student ambassador program
- To advise and conduct tours for prospective students as needed
- Arrange lodging and transportation for all event attendees
- To serve as the liaison between the college and Spanish-speaking prospective students
- To translate documents from English to Spanish and vice versa
- To participate in professional development opportunities as needed and permitted by budget;
- To manage time effectively, focus daily work on key strategic initiatives and assist others in the department, as needed;
- To participate in annual strategic planning process;
- To lend enthusiastic support to college policies and to fellow co-workers, particularly in the presence of students;
- To participate in the annual Lyceum program;
- To fulfill other duties as assigned by the SDES;
- To demonstrate commitment to the mission of Sherman College at all times.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, in related field
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Considerable knowledge of office management practices and procedures;
- Ability to compose and prepare reports, records and correspondence without error;
- Ability to deal effectively with the public in giving and obtaining information, referring callers and arranging appointments;
- Ability to supervise;
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities effectively and efficiently;
- Excellent typing and computer skills.
Non-Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of chiropractic
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may also be required to pull, lift and/or carry 25 lb. maximum.
Mental stress: Fast-paced office environment with numerous and simultaneous demands and deadlines.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee works in a controlled work environment and the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
(Please open links below to view posters)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Sherman College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, employment policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or other school-administered programs.