at Sherman College
Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for the position of Health Center Case Doctor. The following job description lists the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes and salary requirements in confidence to Mandy Smith.
Position Title: HEALTH CENTER RECEPTIONIST
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Dean of Clinics
FLSA Status: Level III (Part- Time / Non-Exempt)
Primary Function: The health center receptionist provides a professional environment for patients, interns and faculty, and maintains efficient and effective daily procedures for processing patient visits.
- To open, supervise and close the health center reception desk as scheduled
- To provide quality reception services to patients
- To service all incoming calls in a professional manner
- To provide communication/reception support services to interns, x-ray supervisors, and faculty doctors
- To assist interns with scheduling patient visits, examinations and x-rays
- To report instances of outstanding professionalism or cases of unprofessional behavior to the Dean of Clinics (Professional Conduct Report)
- To straighten and organize the reception area, reception desk, , dressing rooms, adjusting rooms and consultation rooms on a daily basis prior to opening
- To assess the temperature of the patient areas of the health center and request maintenance assistance to adjust settings as necessary
- To maintain accurate records of all financial transactions, telephone messages, appointments, IOC attendance, etc.
- To practice and demonstrate caring, compassionate and ethical behavior toward patients and students
- To assist with inventorying and ordering health center patient care and reception supplies
- To assist with the orientation to health center reception procedures for student interns
- To assist with decorating the health center for holidays and special events
- To water and care for the plants in the health center
- To supervise and assist with maintaining the patient gown supply
- To provide periodic self-evaluations and goal development
- Lend enthusiastic support to college policies and to fellow co-workers, particularly in the presence of students and visitors
- Participate in the annual Lyceum program
- Commitment to the mission of Sherman College and support of The Sherman Chiropractor in any way correlated to the position
- To assume any other duties as assigned by the lead staff member or the dean of clinics.
- To cross-train on other staff positions as assigned by the dean of clinics.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- An understanding and support of the philosophy of chiropractic
- A high school diploma, experience with customer service and/or patient reception preferred
- A desire to work in a service-oriented environment
- Professional and courteous interpersonal and telephone skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while maintaining a pleasant work environment
- Ability to be assertive and enforce health center policies and procedures
- Organizational skills
- Computer: MS Office
Non-Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bilingual / Spanish
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee works in a controlled work environment and the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
(Please open links below to view posters)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for the following positions. The jobs described below list the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes and salary requirements in confidence to Mandy Smith at email@example.com.
Current employees have the opportunity to apply for posted vacancies or new positions. However, generally no employee shall be considered for transfer unless he/she has performed competently at least one year in his/her current position. Promotions or transfers will be based on the employee’s qualifications and upon recommendation of the department head. Transfers will be made only with the agreement of both department heads involved. If you wish to submit your interest in a job opening, you should discuss this with your department head or the director of human resources.
Sherman College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, employment policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or other school-administered programs.