Affordable Digital X-Ray Services for Patients
If your intern determines a need for x-rays, he or she will schedule you for an x-ray appointment. X-ray Department hours of operation are 1-4 pm, Tuesday and Thursday, 1-5 pm Wednesday and Friday.
The current fee is $15.00 per image. We will gladly provide you with a cash receipt. Payment for images may be in the form of cash, debit or credit card or check and must be made at the time of your x-ray appointment.
What You Get
When your digital x-rays are taken at Sherman College, we will save the images onto a CD for viewing. Your intern and the X-ray Department staff will perform line analysis, take measurements, make annotations, etc., to analyze your x-rays and will go over the results with you during a separate appointment.
The Digital Advantage
The use of digital radiography, initiated at Sherman College in 2006, has many advantages that are all but impossible with traditional film and view boxes. With digital radiography your intern and case doctor can:
- View and detect anomalies in dark or light areas of the film
- Highlight structures
- Enhance cortical outlines
- Change image brightness
- Magnify the image
Other benefits of digital imaging include:
- Increased image quality
- No lost or damaged images
- Reduction of repeat x-rays (reducing the amount of radiation to the patient)
- No film or chemicals used
- No processor maintenance or darkroom needed - better for the environment
- No need for film filing envelopes or physical storage space.