FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 10, 2009

Sherman Returns to Original Name: Sherman College of Chiropractic

Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic is now known as Sherman College of Chiropractic. The college’s Board of Trustees voted unanimously to authorize the college’s name change on October 17, 2009, during its fall meeting.

Sherman College of Chiropractic is the name under which the college was founded in 1973; the college added the word “straight” to the name in the late 1970s.

“The college will always remain true to its roots, providing a curricular focus on traditional chiropractic,” says Sherman president Jon C. Schwartzbauer, D.C. “Our founding name better reflects who we are – a contemporary educational institution committed to providing the best education possible, an institution with a strong commitment to educational progress, and an institution geared to meeting the demands of chiropractic students, both today and in the future.”

College personnel will spend the coming months revising college promotional materials as well as the college web site to reflect the change.

###

For more information, please contact:
Karen Rhodes, Director of Public Relations
Sherman College of Chiropractic
P.O. Box 1452 / 2020 Springfield Road
Spartanburg, S.C. 29304
Telephone 800-849-8771, ext. 242
Fax 864-599-4860
E-mail krhodes@sherman.edu
Visit us on the web at www.sherman.edu

Sherman College of Chiropractic is accredited to award the doctor of chiropractic degree by the Commission on Accreditation of the Council on Chiropractic Education and the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education. On its 80-acre campus in Spartanburg, SC, the college operates a Chiropractic Health Center open to the public where students intern under the supervision of licensed doctors of chiropractic. For more information, call 800-849-8771, ext.