(George) Luo, M.D., M.S., Ph.D.
Director of Research firstname.lastname@example.org
John Hart, DC, MHS
Assistant Director of Research email@example.com
Charlotte Babb, M.A., M.Ed.
Technical Editor firstname.lastname@example.org
Published or Accepted for Publication in Peer Review Journals
- Hart J, Christopher M, Boone R. Asymmetry in Atlas Bone Specimens:
A Pilot Study. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine 2009; 8(2):72-76.
- Luo, P. G., Wang, H., Gu, L., Lin, Y., Lu, F., Christensen, K.A., Yang,
S.-T. and Sun, Y.-P. Selective Interactions of Sugar-Functionalized Single-Walled
Carbon Nanotubes with Bacillus Spores. ACS Nano, in press
- Yang, S.-T., Cao, L., Luo, P. G., Lu, F., Wang, X., Wang, H., Meziani,
M. J., Liu, Y., Qi, G., Sun, Y.-P. (2009) Carbon
Dots for Optical Imaging in vivo, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,
Abstracts accepted for presentations
On 11/30/2009 two research submissions from Sherman College of Chiropractic
Research Department have been accepted as poster presentation in the upcoming ACC-RAC
- Cindy Gibbon, Claudia Seay, and John Hart, Intra- and Inter-examiner Reliability
of Mastoid Fossa Thermal Readings Using Chiropractic Instrumentation
- John Hart, Matthew Christopher, and Ralph Boone, Asymmetry
in Atlas Bone Specimens: A Pilot Study
On 12/10/2009, a third abstract has been accepted for a poster presentation
at the 2010 Dose Response Conference, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
in April 2010. Dr. Hart will be advancing the mission of the college and getting
the name of Sherman College known in this sector of the scientific community.
- John Hart, Cancer Mortality in Low versus High Elevation Counties in Texas
- Briggs L. Pupillary Study; Revisiting the Effect of the Chiropractic Adjustment
on Changes in Pupillary Diameter: a model for evaluating somatovisceral response.
- Briggs L. The mathematics of co-planar stereoscopic x-ray analysis and Chiropractic
- Decken B. Chiropractic continuing education hour requirements and board complaints.
- Hart J. Chirocet readings
- Hart J. Land elevation and cancer death rates
- McMaster K, Jones C, Barnett M, Morrow Q, Neely C, Sisk J, Walters J, Dotson
S, Pickens M, Witherspoon T, Clarington M, Clark K, Lewis M, Ralls S. (Dr. Delain
is faculty advisor). Blood pressure changes in African American patients receiving
International Research and Philosophy Symposium (IRAPS)
Philosophical, Theoretical and Practical Considerations of Vertebral Subluxation
Correction takes center stage at Sherman College October 9-10, 2010,
for the seventh annual International Research and Philosophy Symposium (IRAPS),
which is presented on Sherman’s campus in South Carolina. Call for
Abstracts: Deadline April 30, 2010 contact Missy
Sandor for details.
The 6th Annual International Research and Philosophy
Symposium was successfully
convened and completed on Sherman College campus, October 17th-18th, 2009. This
symposium (IRAPS) gives the chiropractic field a venue to present their philosophy
and research to their peers and engage in thoughtful, and oft time, evocative
and spirited discussion. This year’s theme is "Advances
in Chiropractic Philosophy and Research" brought together chiropractors
from around the country, many first-time attendees. http://www.sherman.edu/edu/ce/iraps.asp
- Robert Blanks, PhD,
Teaching and evaluating professionalism: A dynamic model rooted in the science,
art and philosophy of the discipline.
- Brigette Bowler DC
A Model for Reframing Chiropractic Care
- Eric G. Russell, DC, DPhCS,
Karl and Thomas’ Excellent Adventure: The Philosophy of Science and
its implications for the Chiropractic Profession.
- William M. Decken, DC, LCP,
A Chiropractic Ethic
- Rob Sinnott, DC, LCP, DPhCS
- The Application of Chiropractic Philosophy to
a Post-diagnostic Model for Consideration in Clinical Adaptation, Education & Research
- Consideration of Altering the Position on the Theoretical Afferent Nerve
of Chiropractic Philosophy to the Afferent Nerve of Interoceptive Function.
- Gary DiBenedetto, DC, DACAN, LCP, DPhCS,
Physical Changes of the Eye due to Pysiological Adaptations associated with
Upper Cervical Subluxations
- John Hart, D.C., ACP
- A Comparison of Two Methods of Analysis for the Presence of the Neurological
Component: A Case Report
- Mental Impulse and Nerve Impulse
- Curtis Fedorchuk D.C
- Clinical Outcome in a Case of Fibromyalgia Through Utilization of Chiropractic
Care, Specifically Clinical Biomechanics of Posture: A Retrospective Case
Decreased Health Scores Correlate to High Surface Electromyography Readings
of the Spine
- Jeff Kasser, PhD,
Answers Questions from other presenters and students:
Chiropractic and the Philosophy of Science
- Hamed Kian, BS, MS, DC,
Chiropractic Care of Pediatric Patients: A Comprehensive Review of All Empirical
- Christie Kwon, MS3
A Retrospective, Longitudinal Outcomes Study of Pregnant Women Undergoing Subluxation
Based Chiropractic Care
- Matthew McCoy, D.C., M.P.H.
Intra-examiner and Inter-examiner Reproducibility of Paraspinal Thermography
- The Use of Objective Measures of the Biomechanical and Neurological Components
of Vertebral Subluxation to Develop a Composite Measure of Spinal Health
- Terry J. Van Dervort, DC, ACP, DPhCS
The Ideal Case: The Future of Chiropractic
- Jack VanDervort DC, DPhCS
Constructive Forces & Destructive Forces: The Evolution/Decline of Vertebral
Subluxation Correction in Chiropractic.
- Patrick VanQuaethem, DC, DACS, LCP, DPhCS
Innate Intelligence and the Vertebral Subluxation Complex; the Sixth Component