Read this on the web
quarterly, Recognition Through Research is designed to enhance awareness and
foster participation from Sherman College faculty, staff, and students in research
and other scholarly activities.
(George) Luo, M.D., M.S., Ph.D.
Director of Research firstname.lastname@example.org
John Hart, D.C., MHS
Assistant Director of Research email@example.com
Charlotte Babb, M.A., M.Ed.
Technical Editor firstname.lastname@example.org
IN THIS ISSUE
Chiropractic intern conducts research on patients with epilepsy
Jasen Van Dyke, a chiropractic intern at Sherman College of Chiropractic, has personal experience with epilepsy.
His daughter Lilli had seizures at least three times per week before she received chiropractic care, but as few as three per year with care.
Seeing the changes to his daughter’s life inspired Jasen to enroll as a chiropractic student. During his training, Jasen decided to develop a research project on chiropractic care of people who have epileptic seizures.
Jasen’s story has been reported by local news media. The Research Department at Sherman awarded a research certificate to Jasen for his efforts and contributions in researching this topic. (photo by David Tan)
Publications in Peer Review Journals
- Luo P.G., Sahu S., Yang S-T., Sonkar, S. K., Wang J. Wang H. LeCroy G.E., Cao L. and Sun Y-P. “Carbon quantum dots for optical bioimaging”. the Journal of Materials Chemistry B. 2013, 1, 2116-2127.
- Hart J. Comparison of resting pulse rates in chiropractic student patients versus the general population. Topics in Integrative Health Care 2012, Vol. 3(4) ID: 3.4005
- Kenya A, Kenya H, Hart, J. Correlation between academic performance and NBCE part I scores at a chiropractic college. Journal of Chiropractic Education 2013; 27(1):27-32.
- Lin, S.; Guo, Y.; You, Q.; Yin, Y.; Liu, J.; Luo, P.G. Effects of High-Intensity Pulsed Electric Field on Antioxidant Attributes of Hydrolysates Derived from Egg White Protein. the Journal of Food Biochemistry. 2013, 37, 45–52
Abstracts presented or accepted for presentation in conferences
- Hart J. Association between heart rate variability and novel pulse rate variability methods. ACC-RAC 2013, Washington D.C, March 14-16, 2013
- Morrell A. Successful management of chronic shoulder impingement syndrome with multi-modal chiropractic care and home exercise: a case report, ACC-RAC 2013, Washington D.C, March 14-16, 2013.
- Hart J. Correlation between manual pulse rate and heart rate variability. The Ninth Annual SC Upstate Research Symposium, April 19, 2013.
- Hart J. Association of hypertension mortality rates with concentrations of chiropractors and medical doctors in the U.S., 2007-2009 Dose Response conference at the University of Massachusetts – Amherst, April 24, 2013
Other research news
Events for Continuing Education
Dr. Hart has been named as a co-investigator in a study on chiropractic wellness care. The study, headed by Dr. Cheryl Hawk, is open to any practicing DC in the U.S. For further details, contact Dr. Hart, email@example.com.
International Research and Philosophy Symposium
The tenth annual International Research and Philosophy Symposium (IRAPS) will be presented on Sherman college’s campus October 19-20, 2013. For more information, please visit our website @ http://www.sherman.edu/continuing-education/IRAPS.asp.
Horse and Dog Chiropractic Seminarby Drs. Jay and Austin Komarek, Spartanburg, SC,
$99, July 20.Morning: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm / Afternoon: 2:30 pm to 6:00. Lunch on your own.
All proceeds benefit Sherman College.
Rocky Mountain Chiropractic Summit, Saturday, July 27, Whitefish, MT at Grouse Mountain Lodge.
9am -12; 2pm-5pm, $225. All proceeds benefit Sherman College.
Mile High Chiro Weekend: Elevating Chiropractic to a New Altitude, August 16-17, Westminster, CO. Featuring 30 speakers including Trustees Drs. Daniel Knowles and Liam Schübel, as well as President Edwin Cordero, D.C. More details and registration here.