Sherman College appreciates the following individuals who joined the Sherman College Board of Regents in December 2014.
Michael Cohen, D.C., Plantation, FL
Joshua Carmack, D.C., Pleasant View, TN
Members of the Board of Regents partner with the college and provide annual contributions of $1,000 or more. When you join this group you help Sherman College to advance and extend its influence in the world. We invite you to partner with us as well.
Celebrate an early Valentine’s Day, enjoy great pizza, and show your love for Sherman – all while helping raise some dough for Sherman Pride Day 2015!
GET SERVED! We’re putting the president and some of your favorite faculty members and administrators to work. They’ll be showing their Sherman Pride while serving others and keeping their customers satisfied.
SEE YOU THERE: Thursday, February 12,
1108 Asheville Highway
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Remember to tell the cashier you are supporting Sherman College of Chiropractic!
Delivering the Goods
April 30 - May 2, 2015
Online registration opens mid-February.
- 20 hours CE
- Visit with classmates
- Alumni Association Meeting
- Run a 5K
- Visit Vendors
- Enjoy the Banquet
- Showcase Sherman Weekend
(formerly Career Day)
Mondays in January, 9 pm EST/6 pm PST.
Call 1-209-647-1600 Access Code: 577840#
- Jan. 12 Dr. Rob Schiffman - Focus Yourself to Success in 2015
- Jan. 19 Dr. Steve Judson
- Jan. 26 Dr. Jeanne Ohm - Great Expectations
- Feb. 2 Drs. Jeremy & Amanda Hess
- Feb. 9 Dr. Joe Donofrio (Sr.)
Listen to previous calls from 2012-2014 at
Sherman Connect Archive - password: letmein
We appreciate our Corporate Regent Sponsors:
Dr. Ron Castellucci has been appointed Chair of the Technique Department. Castellucci has been with the college since 1998, during which time he has served in a number of roles, including lead instructor of courses in technique, diagnosis and philosophy. He has worked in the college’s health center and has been named Faculty Member of the Year on three occasions. Dr. Castellucci has lectured on technique both nationally and internationally for over 10 years and is currently an instructor in the ICPA’s certification program. He is a member of the Academy of Chiropractic Philosophers and a valuable technique resource for students, faculty, and doctors in the field.
“Dr. Castellucci and I are outlining some key initiatives to Sherman’s technique program that will further distinguish this college as THE place to learn chiropractic technique,” said Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Joe Donofrio.
- Dr. Janice Fordree has joined the faculty as an adjunct teaching pediatrics and geriatrics.
- Dr. Jenna Titcombe has joined the health center staff as an assistant case doctor.
- Dr. Jennifer Jones has joined the enrollment team as a domestic recruiter.
- Tammy Windham was promoted to front desk coordinator at the Health Center.
- Ivelisse Lopez has been promoted to full time as admission office coordinator.
Dr. Brian Dooley’s chiropractic history class honored Dr. Thom Gelardi with a thank you card for all he has done for the profession. They signed it with their pisiforms dipped in ink.
Congratulations to all 2014 Scholarship Recipients
- Ashley Liew: Outstanding Student of the Year
- Mark Babinski: Academic Achievement
- Alex Thomas: Citizenship Award
- Alexia Wlliams: B.J. Palmer Award
- Brynne Gingras: Rex Mumford Kasler Scholarship
- Luke Schmelzle: C.G. Haynes Scholarship
- Andrew Peasley: Michigan Scholarship
- Ryan Burkhart: Michigan Scholarship
- Kristin Erickson: Michigan Scholarship
- Kathleen Costello: Samuel and Sandra Berkowitz Scholarship
- Timothy Hartman: DE Warriors Scholarship
- Joshua Wright: DE Warriors Scholarship
- Chris Zuccato: Lyle W. and Eula M. Sherman Scholarship
- Michael Young: Alumni Association Scholarship
- Brynne Gingras: Alumni Association Scholarship
- Paige Sigmon: Alumni Association Scholarship
- Katherine Sparrow: Alumni Association Scholarship
- Jason Fleisher: Alumni Association Scholarship
- Lisa Blanton: Alumni Association Scholarship
- Alex Thomas: H.T. Hughes Chiropractic Medal 75
Campus community, please join us for our new and improved Welcome Back Program on Thursday, January 15, from 11-11:50 am in rooms 38, 39 & 40.
Thanks to your feedback, we have been working diligently to transform the quarterly Welcome Back Program (aka Bagelfest) into a more professionally inviting experience.
This new experience will provide you the opportunity to mingle with new and returning students and employees, interact with clubs, find out about campus events/programs and even win prizes.
The event will include lunch, and each quarter the menu will be different; we will have options to accommodate individuals who are vegetarian and gluten-free.
Ashley Liew Trains in Kenya
During the holiday break, student runner Ashley Liew completed a three-week high-altitude training stint at the High Altitude Training Centre (HATC) in Iten, Kenya, known in running circles as the "Home of Champions." He is training for the upcoming New Orleans Rock 'n' Roll Marathon on January 25, 2015, and is working to qualify to compete for the Singapore SEA Games in June. He met and trained with world-class athletes while soaking up the culture and mindset that makes Kenyans such successful runners.
In an interview with Asia One Sports, Liew says, "It's been a really empowering trip, seeing how passionate, single-minded and determined the Kenyans are about running, and how humble they remain despite their achievements. The conditions definitely play a part, but what makes them great is their mindset, and that is the biggest thing I will take away from here."
Welcome to Winter Class of 2015
The Winter 2015 class brings 29 new DCs2B to Sherman.
Student Ambassadors Shine for Sherman
The Admission Office would like to recognize the 2015 Sherman College Student Ambassadors (SCSA). These students have been selected to serve as representatives for Sherman College, demonstrating the ideals and mission of the college in behavior and spirit.
SCSAs serve as peer leaders for prospective, new and current students through individual and group tours. Ambassadors also assist with Showcase Sherman Weekends, other recruiting events and orientation. This is a great group of students, and we are excited to see what they will accomplish in 2015. The Student Ambassador Program is organized by Admissions Event Coordinator Emily Wood with assistance from Admissions Office Coordinator Ivelisse Lopez.
Pictured are (bottom, from left) Kenneth Davila and Clara Sughrue; (middle, from left) Cally Parks, Stacy Rodsater, Robyn Hawkins, Courtney Brosious and Stephanie Sweatman; (top, from left) David Vazquez, Omar Arrieta, Chris Gehrke, Brad Marx, Jimmy Craft and Sarita Sharp. Not pictured are David Tan, Anibal Hernandez, Emily Wood, and Ivelisse Lopez.
Sherman’s 126th Commencement
Thirty-Seven Complete Doctor of Chiropractic Program at Sherman College
Thirty-seven students from around the world received the doctor of chiropractic degree from Sherman College of Chiropractic in Spartanburg, SC, on Saturday, December 13, 2014. The commencement was a shared ceremony for December 2014 and March 2015 graduates.
Sherman College Presents Hastings with Honorary Doctor of Chiropractic Humanities
Chiropractic advocate Miguel Hastings has been awarded the honorary Doctor of Chiropractic Humanities degree from Sherman College of Chiropractic, a rare honor given by the college to noteworthy individuals. The degree was presented during Sherman College’s 126th Commencement Ceremony on December 13. Read more
Showcase Sherman Weekend
Jan. 30-31 Register here.
Showcase Sherman Weekend is a two-day event for prospective students and college advisors.
This weekend is designed to ignite passion for leadership as well as help prospective students begin their journey to become the next generation of DCs2B. They will have the opportunity to meet current students, faculty and staff.
Highlights from the weekend include:
- Welcome Session from President Edwin Cordero, D.C.
- Leadership in Chiropractic Experiences geared towards preparing attendees to be confident and effective leaders through team building, planning, and decision making
- Palpation Technique Class and Chiropractic Philosophy
- Excellence in Chiropractic with currently practicing chiropractors
- Campus Tour given by our Student Ambassadors
- Spartanburg Living Tour of area apartment complexes to prepare them for relocation
Encourage your prospective students to register now for Showcase Sherman.
IRAPS 2015 Call for Abstracts:
Subluxation: More Than Just a Historical Term.
Sherman College of Chiropractic will host the 12th annual International Research and Philosophy Symposium (IRAPS), the only peer-reviewed conference on vertebral subluxation research and the philosophy of chiropractic. The conference will be held on the campus of Sherman College of Chiropractic in Spartanburg, South Carolina from October 9-11.
- Deadline for submitting abstracts is April 1, 2015.
- Authors will be notified by May 1, 2015.
- For more information, contact:
Copyright © 2015 Sherman College of Chiropractic, All rights reserved.
Return to Archive
& we smile
when you shop