How to get into Chiropractic School
Prerequisite Courses for Traditional Admission
To get into chiropractic school, you need at least 90 semester hours with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher, though many of our students enroll after completing a bachelor’s degree. Of the 90 hours required for traditional admission, 24 must be life and/or physical sciences with corresponding labs for half, and 15 hours must be in the humanities, social and/or behavioral sciences.
Chiropractic school requirements for traditional admission:
- 90 semester hours with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 24 semester hours in life and physical sciences, half with substantive lab component
- Preferred courses include biology, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry, anatomy and physiology; we prefer that you have equal distribution of life and physical sciences. Here's a list of preferred life and physical sciences.
- 15 semester hours in humanities, social and behavioral sciences; preferred courses cover a range of topics and include psychology and English, speech and/or communications
- Only courses with a grade of “C” or higher will be accepted for life and physical sciences and humanities
If you have an overall GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 and/or less than the required hours in the sciences, you may be eligible for the AATP. This admission standard is designed to allow students with various academic backgrounds to enroll in chiropractic school based on the academic achievements they already have. You are encouraged to submit transcripts or contact admissions for individual counseling.
Chiropractic school requirements for the AATP:
- 90 semester hours
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- 12 semester hours in life and physical sciences preferred
Note: If you are admitted via AATP, we’ll provide you with an individual academic plan and monitor your progress throughout the course of the program to ensure your success.
When to Apply
You are advised to submit your application as early as possible to ensure a place in the enrolling class of your choice. New students are admitted in January, April*, July and October. Final deadline to apply is 6 weeks prior to the start of each quarter.
*A minimum of 12 students must be confirmed 6 weeks prior to the start of the spring (April) quarter, or the class will be deferred and begin in summer.
Pre-chiropractic and licensure requirements vary from state to state, and some of these requirements apply to a student’s prerequisite education and therefore must be satisfied before enrolling in chiropractic school. To ensure that you meet the requirements of the state(s) in which you wish to practice, we suggest that you visit the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards web site for a list of licensing state board contact information.
Call us for guidance
Please call the Admission Office at 800-849-8771, ext. 221 or 200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about specific courses. We are happy to help you.