Renowned researchers and philosophers will join forces this October for the 10th
annual International Research and Philosophy Symposium (IRAPS) at Sherman
College of Chiropractic. The symposium is designed to bring together
individuals with different viewpoints and approaches and to promote critical
thinking in regard to the professional, philosophical, theoretical and
practical considerations of vertebral subluxation correction.
This year’s symposium will be held October 19-20 on Sherman College’s campus in
Spartanburg, South Carolina. Presentations are centered on topics such as
lexicon, philosophy, politics, education, clinical research, and methods of
analyzing and adjusting vertebral subluxation.
“The presenters and the crowd gathered in attendance at this event are always loaded
with high-caliber thinkers and doers in chiropractic,” says chiropractic
philosopher and author Rob Sinnott, D.C., DPhCS.
The keynote speaker for IRAPS 2013 is Craig M. Becker, Ph.D., an assistant professor of
health education and promotion at the College of Health & Human Performance
at East Carolina University. Becker holds a Ph.D. from Arizona State
University, an M.S. from Ball State University, and a B.S. from Purdue
University. His research interests include positive health, health measurement
and salutogenesis, and his IRAPS topic will delve into salutogenesis.
Other IRAPS 2013 presenters include Mychal Beebe, D.C.; Charles L. Blum, D.C.; Heidi Bockhold,
D.C.; William J. Boro, D.C.; Brigette Bowler, D.C.; Kathryn Conlen, B.A., LMT,
CST; William M. Decken, D.C., LCP; Joe J. Donofrio, D.C., ACP; Roy Floyd, D.C.,
MSPH; Harvey Getzoff, D.C.; John Hart, D.C., MHSc; Joseph D. Heinecke; Haasseem
Hohammed; Adam Klassen, D.C.; Danny Knowles, D.C.; Richelle Knowles, D.C.; Michael
Lenarz, D.C.; Matthew McCoy, D.C., MPH; Vincent L. Perri, D.C., Ph.D.; Ryan
Pollard; Katie Ray, D.C.; Esther M. Remeta, D.C.; Philip R. Schalow, BM, MM,
AS, D.C.; Simon Senzon, M.A., D.C.; Jean E. Thompson, D.C.; Steve Tullius,
D.C., ACP; Jack K. VanDervort, D.C., D.Ph.CS; and H Charles Woodfield, III,
B.S. Pharmacy, D.C.
Registration is open and continuing education credit will be available; for additional information
about the symposium, go to www.sherman.edu/IRAPS.
- Management of Trigeminal Neuralgia and Chronic Primary
Migraine in a Patient Undergoing Upper Cervical Chiropractic: A Case
Report – Mychal Beebe, D.C., Michael Lenarz, D.C., Seattle Upper Cervical
- Chiropractic Intervention of Zenker’s Diverticulum: A Case
Report – Primary Author: William J. Boro, D.C.
- Three Distinct Lineages That Generate the Skeleton: The Consideration of Bone Development
Significance in Early Life Structural Care – Brigette Bowler, D.C., and
Kathryn Conlen, B.A., LMT, CST
- Creating Postive Health: It’s More Than Risk Reduction – Craig
Becker, Ph.D., CWP.
- Salutogenesis 30 Years Later: Where Do We Go From Here? – Craig
Becker, Ph.D., CWP
- Chiropractic in a Vitalistic, Patient-Centered Wellness
Program – William M. Decken, D.C., LCP
- Adjustment vs. Manipulation: History, Semantics &
Implications for the Future – Joe J. Donofrio, D.C., ACP
- Health Promotion and Prevention Practice in a Chiropractic
Teaching Outpatient Clinic: A Continuing Study to Determine if Patient
File Auditing Reflects Active Health and Wellness Advice – Roy Floyd, D.C.,
- The Relationship of Cranial Facial Growth and Development
to the Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT) Category System: Three Case Studies
– Primary Author: Harvey Getzoff, D.C.
- The Role of the Atlas Vertebrae in the Sacro Occipital Technique
(SOT) Category System – Primary Author: Harvey Getzoff, D.C.
- Resting Pulse Rates in Chiropractic Student Patients
Versus the General Population – John Hart, D.C., MHSc
- Thermal Pattern Analysis of Forehead and Mastoid Fossa
Temperature Differentials Using a Single Probe Thermometer: A Case Study –
John Hart, D.C., MHSc
- Improvement in the Quality of Life of a Patient with
Aicardi Syndrome Undergoing Multiple Forms of Chiropractic Care: A
Retrospective Case Study – Primary Author: Joseph D. Heinecke
- Upper Cervical Management of Patient with Low Back Pain,
Bilateral Leg Numbness and Depression: A Case Presentation – Adam Klassen,
D.C., Michael Lenarz, D.C., Seattle Upper Cervical Research Institute
- Reduction of a Lumbar Scoliosis & Improved Cervical
Curve in a Geriatric Patient Following Network Spinal Analysis™ Care: A
Case Study – Katie Ray, D.C., Danny Knowles, D.C., and Richelle Knowles,
- Reduction of Vertebral Subluxations Utilizing Chiropractic
Biophysics® (CBP®) Protocol with Improvement in Sagittal Alignment as Well
as Improvement in Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease: A Case Report – Haasseem
- Please add Matt McCoy
- Vertebral Subluxation Research: An Agenda to Explore the
Epidemiology of Vertebral Subluxation and the Clinical Outcomes Related to
its Management – Matthew McCoy, D.C., MPH
- Topic TBD – Simon Senzon, M.A., D.C.
- Conjugate Gaze Visceral Release in Female Chronic Pelvic
Pain: A Case Study – Primary Author: Vincent L. Perri, D.C., Ph.D.
- Chiropractic Care and its Effects on a Patient with a
Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – Primary Author: Ryan Pollard; Secondary
Author: Charles L. Blum, D.C.
- Chiropractic Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT) and Cranial
Treatment Model for Traumatic Brain Injury along with Monitoring and
Supplementing for Neurotransmitter Balance: A Case Report – Primary
Author: Esther M. Remeta, D.C.; Secondary Author: Charles L. Blum, D.C.
- Chiropractic Management of Overuse Syndrome in a Violist –
Philip R. Schalow, BM, MM, AS, D.C.
- Review of Four Cases using SOT/CMRT on Equine and Canine –
Primary Author: Jean E. Thompson, D.C.;
Secondary Author: Heidi Bockhold, D.C.
- The Future of Vertebral Subluxation Research and Public
Awareness – Steve Tullius, D.C., ACP
- A Case for Chiropractic Theory as a Viable Instrument of
Education and Practicing the Chiropractic Paradigm – Jack K. VanDervort, D.C.,
- Detecting an Atlas Subluxation Through Pulse Oximetry – H
Charles Woodfield, III, B.S. Pharmacy, D.C.