Sherman College of Chiropractic welcomes future doctors of chiropractic to campus on Friday and Saturday, October 10-11, for its popular “Showcase Sherman” event, where guests will discover why Fast Company, Forbes, Career Cast and other organizations repeatedly name chiropractic as a top job and see what sets Sherman apart as a leader in chiropractic education.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, chiropractic employment opportunities are growing faster than average for all occupations. Employment of chiropractors is expected to increase by 28 percent this decade. Sherman College’s Doctor of Chiropractic program is unique in its approach to health care and known globally for producing doctors who are highly skilled in their delivery of chiropractic care.
Showcase Sherman Weekend is a two-day event for prospective students and college advisors. This weekend is designed to ignite a passion for leadership as well as help students begin their pursuit of an exciting career in the health and wellness field of chiropractic. Showcase events are available once a quarter; dates for 2015 are January 30-31, May 1-2, July 24-25 and October 9-10. The college also hosts personalized visits to campus each week.
During Showcase Sherman, visitors will tour Sherman’s campus, anatomy lab and on-campus Chiropractic Health Center. They will talk with current students about the curriculum and learn about the academic program, campus community, financial aid and housing options.
Highlights from the weekend include:
- A welcome session with Sherman College President Dr. Edwin Cordero
- Leadership experiences geared toward preparing students to be confident and effective leaders through team building, planning, and decision making
- Palpation demonstration given by Sherman faculty members and leading interns
- Passion and presentations from currently practicing chiropractors
- A campus tour including Sherman’s anatomy lab and Chiropractic Health Center
- Personalized local apartment tour