Sherman College Names 2017 Award Recipients
Sherman College honored alumni, chiropractors, and supporters during its 44th Lyceum, a homecoming and continuing education event attended by hundreds of chiropractors and students throughout the U.S. and internationally. Lyceum is held in May on the college’s campus in Spartanburg, SC, and involves three days of seminars, special events, and other programs. The College is proud to announce the following 2017 award recipients:
- Chiropractor of the Year Matthew McCoy, D.C., MPH
- Regents of the Year Jeremy & Amanda Hess, D.C.s
- Chiropractic Advocate of the Year Karen Canup, C.P.A.
- Spirit of Sherman College Award Ashley Liew, D.C.
- Service to Sherman College Award Dean & Jen DePice
- Service to the Profession Award Jay Komarek, D.C.
- Distinguished Service Award Jillian Kersh, D.C.
- ROAR Advisor of the Year Kevin Lewis, D.C.
- ROAR Student Leader of the Year Mike Williams
- Rising Star Award Sam Messina, D.C.
- Rising Star Award Wendy Parker, D.C.
- Rising Star Award Chelsea Rainey, D.C.
Chiropractor of the Year: Dr. Matthew McCoy
Woodstock, GA, chiropractor Matthew McCoy, D.C., MPH, has been named Chiropractor of the Year by Sherman College of Chiropractic. The Chiropractor of the Year Award is an honor bestowed upon doctors who have, through their service, given extraordinary time and effort to advance Sherman College and the principled chiropractic profession. For more information visit our blog at Chiropractor of the Year.
Regents of the Year: Drs. Jeremy and Amanda Hess
Stockbridge, GA, chiropractors Jeremy and Amanda Hess, D.C.s, have been named Regents of the Year by Sherman College of Chiropractic. This award is presented in recognition of the couple’s outstanding and continuous advancement of Sherman College through participation on the college’s Board of Regents, a group dedicated to supporting quality chiropractic education through financial donations and leadership. Regents give visibility and stature to Sherman College through speaking engagements, legislative roles, student referrals, and financial support. For more information visit our blog at Regents of the Year.
Sherman College of Chiropractic provides students with a comprehensive chiropractic education, preparing them to enter the field as doctors of chiropractic who are highly skilled, compassionate, ethical and successful. On its 80-acre campus in South Carolina, Sherman offers a first professional degree program unique in its approach to health care and known globally for the skill and art of chiropractic delivered by graduates. For more information, visit www.sherman.edu or call 800-849-8771.
For more information, please contact: