To be enrolled in chiropractic college, you need at least 90 semester hours with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher, though many of our students enroll after completing a bachelor’s degree. Prerequisites can be earned at any accredited college, but Sherman has agreements with several colleges for undergraduate work, ARTICULATION AGREEMENTS AND “3 + 1” PROGRAMS.
Of the 90 hours required for traditional admission, 24 must be life and/or physical sciences with corresponding labs for half, and 15 hours must be in the humanities, social and/or behavioral sciences. Preferred courses include biology, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry, anatomy, and physiology; we prefer that you have an equal distribution of life and physical sciences.
Chiropractic college requirements for traditional admission:
- 90 semester hours with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 24 semester hours in life and physical sciences, half with substantive lab component
- 15 semester hours in humanities, social and behavioral sciences; preferred courses cover a range of topics and include psychology and English, speech and/or communications Only courses with a grade of “C” or higher will be accepted for life and physical sciences and humanities
- List of preferred life and physical sciences.
Prerequisite Courses for Alternative Admissions Track Plan (AATP)
If you have an overall GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 and/or fewer than the required hours in the sciences, you may be eligible for the AATP. This admission standard is designed to allow students with various academic backgrounds to enroll in chiropractic school based on the academic achievements they already have. You are encouraged to submit transcripts or contact admissions for individual counseling.
Chiropractic school requirements for the AATP:
- 90 semester hours
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- 12 semester hours in life and physical sciences preferred
Note: If you are admitted via AATP, we’ll provide you with an individual academic plan and monitor your progress throughout the course of the program to ensure your success.
Pre-chiropractic and licensure requirements vary from state to state, and some of these requirements apply to a student’s prerequisite education and, therefore, must be satisfied before enrolling in chiropractic school. To ensure that you meet the requirements of the state(s) in which you wish to practice, we suggest that you visit the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards website for a list of licensing state board contact information.
When to Apply
Sherman operates on a quarter calendar and enrolls new classes each quarter. The quarters begin in January, April, July and October.
Open Enrollment-Classes Begin:
- Summer 2017 – July 10
- Fall 2017 – October 2
- Winter 2018 – January 8
- Spring 2018 – April 2
- Summer 2018 – July 9
- Fall 2018 – Oct 1
Application Documents Required
- On-line application
- $50 application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official transcripts and letters of recommendations can be mailed to the college at the following address:
Sherman College of Chiropractic
Attention: Admission Department
PO Box 1452
Spartanburg, SC 29304
The college also accepts e-transcripts and letters of recommendation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the Admission Office at 800-849-8771, ext. 294 or 200 if you have questions about specific courses. We are happy to help you.