Dr. Jacobs graduated from Logan College in 2006 and again in 2010 as well as New York Chiropractic College in 2017. She practices in Greenwood, Mississippi and created and launched The Special Needs Specialist in July 2019. She is a wife and mother to three girls and a Great Dane named Zeus.
1. What motivates you to provide CE content for the profession?
It is my desire and passion to educate DCs on how to care for the special needs population in a way that is innovative and different. This is a population that is underserved and desperately needs our help.
2. What do you hope to have DCs achieve by taking your courses?
I want them to feel confident when that parent brings their child to see them. I want them to be able to explain how and why chiropractic can help.
3. Who inspires you professionally?
Dr. Bobbie Doscher has made a HUGE impact in mine and my daughter’s life by caring for her at Oklahaven in Oklahoma City. Dr. Barbara Eaton has empowered me as a woman, a chiropractor and a business owner.
4. How do you recharge or do you have any tips on maintaining longevity in this profession?
Don’t take your work home! We preach present time consciousness with our patients, but our family deserves it even more.
5. Where do you see the profession going in the future?
There are multiple ways that chiropractic can go, and it depends on the majority of us to make that decision. I’m concerned that we may be swinging the pendulum towards viewing chiropractic as an adjunct therapy in the medical model.
6. What is your favorite social media platform? How can people follow/connect with you?
I am on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Facebook is by far the most used in my tribe, so you can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/jsfamilychiropractic