At Sherman College of Chiropractic, we pride ourselves on our obsession with student success. In putting our obsession into action, the Department of Academic Support, offers students valuable academic resources to propel them along the path to becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic.
- The Department of Academic Support grants students access to dedicated, insightful success coaches who specialize in Appreciative Advising and creating personalized plans for academic achievement.
- Through the Department of Academic Support, group and individual peer tutoring are available to students who need additional support in a wide variety of subjects.
- The Department of Academic Support gives students access to resources around the community, including ESL courses and locations in the Spartanburg area in which students are welcome to study.
To inquire about the ways we may be of service to you as you work to become a Doctor of Chiropractic, schedule a meeting with the Director of Academic Support today.
Faculty Tutoring, Individual and Peer-led Tutoring
The Department of Academic Support provides tutoring services to students who need extra help outside of the classroom. Our faculty members, all excellent in the courses in which they serve as instructors, lead regularly scheduled tutoring sessions and we have sought some of the most academically successful students to serve as peer tutors in individual and group settings. Tutoring is available in courses including:
- Back and Extremity Anatomy
- Biochemistry I and II
- Head and Neck Anatomy
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Microbiology I and II
- Neuroanatomy I and II
Osteology and Arthrology
- Philosophy I
- Palpation I, II, and III
- Spinal Anatomy
- Spinal Biodynamics I and II
- TAP (Thoracic, Abdomen, and Pelvic Anatomy)
- Various Technique Courses
If you’d like to request individual or group peer-led tutoring, please fill out the Peer Tutoring Request Form. Your most urgent need will be considered first; any additional requests may be granted depending on tutor availability.
Contact Lucosi Fuller (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
Becoming a Peer Tutor
Are you willing to share your knowledge with students who need academic assistance in the subjects in which you excel? Is your cumulative GPA 3.5 or higher? If so, we are interested in you! Contact the Director of Academic Support today to find out how to you can put your knowledge to work as a peer tutor.
Resources for Sherman College of Chiropractic Students in the Spartanburg Area
The Department of Academic Support offers a wealth of academic resources to Sherman College students, but we don’t stop there. We are also able to point you to off-campus resources in the Spartanburg area, including English language resources at the Adult Learning Center and English Crossing and welcoming study spaces at the University of South Carolina Upstate Library, the Sandor Teszler Library at Wofford College, and the Hub City Bookshop and Press downtown. If you’re interested in learning more about what we have to offer, please don’t hesitate to schedule a meeting with the Director of Academic Support today.