Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for a full-time faculty position for Neuroanatomy and Physiology at the rank of Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor based on qualifications. The position requires a Ph.D. degree.
Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for faculty members to assist with instruction in the clinical sciences and support Case Doctors in the clinic. Positions will be part time with the possibility of full time available for most positions.
- Applicants must hold a Doctor of Chiropractic degree
- A current license (SC for clinic support role)
- At least three years full-time practice and/or teaching experience
- A strong desire to share the philosophy, science, and art of chiropractic with future doctors of chiropractic
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send current CV and letter of interest to Mandy Smith, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Human Resources Assistant
Sherman College of Chiropractic is currently accepting resumes for a Human Resources Assistant. The following job description lists the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Qualified applicants should submit their resumes and salary requirements in confidence to Mandy Smith.
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Department: President’s Office
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Level III (Part-time/Non-Exempt)
Primary Function: The Human Resource Assistant provides, under general supervision, administrative support to the Director of Human Resources, relieves the Director of Human Resources of routine administrative and managing duties associated with the operation of the Human Resources office.
- To work with the director of human resources regarding the daily operations of the office
- To provide excellent customer service to staff, faculty, and students while maintaining employee confidence and protecting operations by keeping Human Resource information confidential
- To assist in maintaining historical Human Resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system, keeping past and current records.
- To assist with the recruiting and hiring process, including posting open positions, obtaining employment references and handling background checks, along with verifying and processing all new hire paperwork
- To assist in maintaining appropriate wage records on all employees, including computation of weekly time sheets, vacation and sick time accruals, payroll deductions, and processing the college’s payroll
- To assist with the benefits administration services such as informing employees of benefits, as well as entering benefit enrollments, terminations, changes, etc., internally and on vendor websites; assist employees with enrollment and/or claim issues as well as maintaining employee benefits information in files
- To assist in maintaining the Human Resource database by updating employee records, including status changes and other employee specific data
- To assist in verifying group insurance bills
- To assist in maintaining a schedule of eligibility for the retirement plan and submitting contributions
- To assist in assigning and monitoring the completion of the required training for new hires (Sexual Harassment, HIPAA, FERPA, etc.)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- To assist in preparing Human Resource reports by assembling and compiling data
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements
- To work in accordance with the policies and procedures of the college, and ensure that they are faithfully executed
- Lend enthusiastic support to college policies and to fellow co-workers, particularly in the presence of students and support personnel.
- Participate in the annual Lyceum program
- Commitment to the mission of Sherman College and support of The Sherman Chiropractor in any way correlated to the position
- To assume such other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Associates degree in Human Resources, Accounting or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in Human Resources and/or Accounting
- Ability to manage confidential materials and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Knowledge of basic employment law
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize work efficiently and multitask simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through required
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team player
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Word and Excel
- A clean criminal record and exceptional work history
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Certification in Human Resources management
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, stand/sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental Stresses: Multi-task demands
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job the employee works in a controlled work environment and the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all college policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
Sherman College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, employment policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, or other school-administered programs.