A fellow student recently posted on Facebook to her friends a request for moral support, a feeling not unfamiliar to many students. The student happens to be a “first quarter” and is getting her feet wet in midterms. This is a time we do need that moral support! So I’ve decided to write a “recipe” for success in Chiropractic College. It goes like this:
Recipe For Success At Sherman College Of Chiropractic
AKA “THAT SPECIAL SHERMAN CAKE”
Only the finest ingredients will do. Have ready the following;
- 5 lbs. of LOVE for ChiropracTIC
- 4 lbs. of DREAMS for your future
- 5 lbs. of COMMITMENT to the Chiropractic Vision
- 4 lbs. of DEVOTION to learning the Philosophy of Chiropractic
- 4 lbs. of WILLINGNESS to help and be helped on the path toward completion of D.C.
- 3-4-5 lbs. of HUMILITY – you have a big job ahead of you (the more the better)
- 5-6 lbs. of WORK ETHIC – more never hurts
- 5 lbs. of OPEN MIND (can be substituted with CURIOSITY)
- 4 lbs. of RESPECT for those who have gone before you
(here is where shared respect always comes back to you.)
Mix a generous amount of ENTHUSIASM and SERVICE for the final touch of frosting. Do not water down ingredients for frosting. Any color or flavor of frosting will do. Any type and amount of sprinkles just adds to the presentation of the final product.
An addition of JOY simply eases the baking process, helps the TIME go faster and decreases the amount of HEAT needed to bake.
Also, be careful to use cake pan labeled: PERSEVERANCE. This Special Sherman Cake requires a pan that has “STICK-TO-IT-NESS” as opposed to “non-stick surface.” It just won’t do to have cake slipping out before done. Also, this pan adds a nice quality to the finished cake.
This Special Sherman Cake is perfect for the finest of occasions. Everyone simply raves about it! Be sure to take time to ENJOY the FINAL PRODUCT, your guests (patients) certainly will!